Looking to lift bigger, heavier weights at the gym? Or maybe you are looking for relief from an aggravated tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow?
Whichever it is, an elbow sleeve is going to help either way.
You have probably seen others wearing them at the gym, including powerlifters and bodybuilders, or on the golf course or tennis court. Thing is… there are a handful of good reasons why people wear elbow sleeves.
Lifting weights is tough – not just on the muscles, but on the tendons, ligaments and joints. It’s understandable, then, as to why injuries and inflammations, like tendonitis, are so common. Unlike our muscles, which can repair and recover in 48 to 72 hours, our tendons and joints struggle to keep up.
This is where elbow sleeves can be important.
Whether you are looking for extra support for your lifts, want to prevent injury in the long run or are currently suffering from golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow or tendonitis, it is a good time to invest in a good pair of elbow sleeves.
And below, we have gone the distance to list the 9 best elbow sleeves for weightlifting and injury rehabilitation that you can buy today.
Benefits of Elbow Sleeves
Before we get into it, what actually are the benefits of elbow sleeves?
Elbow sleeves are worn around the elbow, often wrapping around the bicep and lower forearm as well. These sleeves are designed to be tight, offering a level of compression that supports the overall area and aids in recovery from various injuries through increased blood flow.
By supporting the area of the elbow, this can help significantly when lifting heavy weights. In a way, think of it like a hand (or two) gripping your forearm and bicep as you lift the weight, for example in a deadlift, bench press or bicep curl.
The additional reinforcement will feel like an extra layer that is stabilizing your muscles – and “stiffening” any wobbliness of the limbs – throughout the lift.
In terms of injuries – most commonly tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, or tendonitis of the forearm or tricep – an elbow sleeve will work to offer support in both sports activities and everyday movements. The sleeve will not only provide support but also compression (for increased blood flow) and warmth, where coldness is often found to be the culprit of sore tendons and joints.
Elbow sleeves can also be worn all day at work, hidden underneath long sleeves, for anyone currently recovering from an injury.
All in all, the benefits of elbow sleeves are clear to see.
But if you are not yet convinced, give one of the following compression sleeves a try for your next workout!
OUR TOP PICK
Kunto Fitness Elbow Brace Compression Support Sleeve
Crucial Compression Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve
Copper Fit Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve
OUR TOP PICK
Kunto Fitness Elbow Brace Compression Support Sleeve
The compression support sleeve by Kunto Fitness Products is a reliable option by a company that prides itself on its sleeves, braces and supports.
The cost of the sleeve sits at a mid-range price, and for your money you are getting durable construction (70% nylon, 15% spandex, 15% rubber), a true fit no-slip design and, of course, a branded product from a manufacturer that makes sleeves and supports for a living.
As a result, the sleeve is tailored for weightlifting, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, joint inflammation, tendonitis and injury prevention.
The Kunto Fitness Compression Sleeve comes in three designs – black-orange, white-gray and beige-nude – with sizes (unisex) ranging from extra small to extra large, so you are sure to find the right size no matter the size of your arm.
- Kunto Fitness Products – A trusted name in the industry for sleeves, braces and supports.
- Durable, yet stretchy, material – 70% nylon, 15% spandex and 15% rubber.
- 3 color options – black and orange, white and gray, and beige/nude.
- Size options – Extra small, small, medium, large, extra large.
- Mid-range price – Affordable for most.
- Single sleeve – You are not getting a pair here; just a single elbow sleeve.
Crucial Compression Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve
The Crucial Compression Elbow Sleeve comes with a simple, stripped-down design if you prefer a plain black, or plain nude, colored sleeve.
In addition, this product is a pair – so you are not just receiving a single sleeve. This is a bonus if you prefer to wear two sleeves to support both arms, or just want to have one spare sleeve for future use (or in case one gets lost or is being washed).
Designed to offer weightlifting support, as well as improved circulation, protection and recovery from elbow-related injuries, the Crucial Compression Elbow Sleeve is made from “ComfortFlex” material that is durable, yet lightweight.
The product also comes in a complete range of sizes – extra small through to extra large – with a perfect fit assurance guarantee.
- Affordable pair – Crucial Compression’s elbow sleeves come in a pair at a bargain price.
- Simple – Plain black or beige, ideal for those who like to keep it simple.
- Brand – Crucial Compression produces a dedicated range of sleeves and braces.
- Lightweight yet durable material – Expect durability, stretchability and breathability.
- Sizes – Unisex extra small, small, medium, large and extra large sizes.
- Lacking in design – Not the ideal set of sleeves for those who prefer extra details or patterning.
Copper Fit Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve
Copper Fit’s Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve benefits from copper-infused material consisting of 86% polyester and 14% spandex.
Copper products, or copper-infused fabrics, are known for their thermal regulating properties. In this case, this particular sleeve would be of greater benefit for those suffering from arthritis and tendonitis.
The Freedom Elbow Compression Sleeve also enjoys a straightforward black design (one color only) with subtle patterning that will work with any gym or bicycle riding outfit, or remain largely inconspicuous underneath a work shirt.
While this sleeve sits at a cheap, budget-friendly price, it does only provide you with one sleeve.
- Copper-infused material – The most ideal fabric for arthritis and tendonitis sufferers, providing extra warmth to prevent soreness and aches.
- Simple design – Color black, with subtle patterning on the rear, makes this sleeve a versatile fitness accessory.
- Single sleeve only – Despite the cheap price, you are only getting one sleeve.
- Sizing – The Copper Fit Elbow Compression Sleeve comes in medium, large and extra large only.
Sparthos Arm Compression Sleeves
The Sparthos Arm Compression Sleeve stands out from the rest in its design, which features a subtle honeycomb pattern that makes this sleeve look like a premium product.
Not only that, but the Sparthos Compression Sleeve is made from durable nylon – so it also feels and performs as a premium product. As a result, the sleeve is trainer- and doctor-recommended to provide improved blood circulation, pain relief from sore joints or tendonitis, and support for weightlifting, tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
Complementing its design is a choice of four eye-catching colors – midnight black, flamingo pink, desert beige and cobalt blue – and a sizing range that includes extra small, small, medium and large.
And if you are not happy with the product, despite its affordable mid-range price, Sparthos are confident enough to offer a 100% money back guarantee.
- Premium – Manufactured by Sparthos, you’re getting a premium product that looks and feels the part.
- Nylon – Durable, stretchable and breathable fabric.
- Recommended – Recommended by doctors and trainers for both weightlifting and injuries.
- Pair – You’re getting two sleeves from Sparthos.
- Money back guarantee – Despite the mid-range price, you can still get your money back if you are not satisfied.
- Design – While the sleeves look ultra-modern, the honeycomb patterned design is not for everyone.
Thx4COPPER Elbow Compression Sleeve
The Thx4COPPER Elbow Compression Sleeve is the perfect sleeve for you if you prefer a thin, lightweight sleeve that offers warmth and support without too much compression.
Made from a lightweight, silky fabric that is also copper-infused, the Thx4COPPER Elbow Compression Sleeve is surprisingly warm despite its thin material. However, the copper-infused material is just as breathable as it is warm, so you can be sure that you are not going to experience additional perspiration underneath the sleeve.
However, the thin material of the Thx4COPPER Elbow Compression Sleeve does not provide the kind of compression that some might be looking for.
For a mid-range price, Thx4COPPER’s compression sleeves come in a pair, with sizes ranging from small to double extra large.
- Copper-infused material – Provides added warmth, ideal for sufferers of arthritis and tendonitis in the forearm or tricep.
- Lightweight – Prefer a lightweight sleeve with minimal compression? This sleeve is for you.
- Plain design – Silky black sleeves that combine well with any outfit without standing out in terms of design.
- Affordable pair – For the affordable asking price, you are receiving two sleeves.
- Black only – There is no additional choice of colors with this sleeve.
- Lightweight – Despite also being a pro, the lightweight material does not offer firm compression.
Gymreapers Elbow Sleeves w/ Wrist Wraps
Gymreapers, known for their fitness apparel that includes gymwear, sleeves, straps and weightlifting belts, offer a neoprene elbow sleeve that also comes with weightlifting wrist wraps.
This is a pair, so for your money you are getting a set of elbows and a matching set of wrist wraps.
Gymreapers are well-known for selling high-quality, reliable fitness products, so you can guarantee that the 5mm neoprene material of this sleeve will offer enough compression and support no matter whether you are weightlifting or going through injury rehabilitation.
In addition, the elbow sleeves come in a full choice of sizes, including small, medium, large, extra large and extra extra large, plus a choice of three colors: black and white, red and black and green. The wrist wraps are an adjustable one size only.
- Gymreapers – Buy with confidence from a trusted name in the fitness industry.
- Pair, plus wrist wraps – Two matching sleeves, plus a pair of matching wrist wraps for additional weightlifting support.
- Colors – Black-white, Red-black and army green.
- Material – Tough 5mm neoprene.
- Sizes – Full range of unisex sizes from small to extra extra large.
- Price – The quality of the product comes with a steep asking price in relation to other compression sleeves.
SENTEQ Tennis Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve
The SENTEQ Elbow Brace Compression Sleeve is more of a brace than it is a sleeve, to be fastened around the upper forearm in a way that provides better support and stability for elbow-related injuries, tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
A bonus of this elbow brace is that the brace can be fastened using a velcro strap that feeds through a buckle. As a result, the amount of compression and support can be adjusted to suit anyone’s needs, or the purpose of the activity or exercise at hand.
The SENTEQ Elbow Brace sits at a slightly higher than mid-range price, and doesn’t come as a pair. This is because the elbow brace is specifically tailored towards single-arm injuries. For that reason, the fact you are only receiving a single product might not matter.
The brace itself is made from tough neoprene, with a single gray design that features the SENTEQ branding on the strap.
- Adjustable – As a dedicated elbow brace for elbow-related injuries, the strap can be adjusted in regard to tightness and compression.
- Perfect for injury support – If you are suffering from golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow, the SENTEQ elbow brace will offer pain relief and support when using the injured arm.
- One-year warranty – You have a year’s guarantee should the product degrade or come apart.
- Single – While the brace is designed for single-arm injuries, you are still getting a single product for a price that is slightly more expensive than other branded compression sleeves.
- One design – SENTEQ’s elbow brace comes in a single gray design only.
Iron Bull Strength Elbow Wraps
Iron Bull Strength are well-known in the fitness industry for their weightlifting and powerlifting accessories, from weight belts, straps and compression sleeves to barbells, dumbbells and racks.
In other words, you know you are getting a top of the range product when buying from Iron Bull Strength.
The Iron Bull Strength Elbow Wraps, in particular, are uniquely designed to provide both the compression of an elbow sleeve as well as the adjustability of a brace. The design blends the two, making it an ideal choice for powerlifters and weightlifters who are looking for the ultimate product in terms of support and high quality.
This premium elbow wrap, brace and sleeve pulls over the upper forearm and elbow, with the velcro strap fastening around the bicep for true support with no risk of slipping down the arm.
What’s more is the Iron Bull Strength Wraps come in six simple, yet great, black designs, each with a colored stripe in black, blue, grey, green, red and white camo.
The wraps, which arrive as a pair, are made from durable nylon, with a one-size-fits-all design thanks to the adjustable velcro.
- Iron Bull Strength – Arguably the best weightlifting and powerlifting accessories on the market.
- Design – The combination of both a compression sleeve and elbow brace makes this product stand out from the rest in terms of functionality.
- Six no-nonsense designs – Solid black, blue, grey, green, red and white camo, with Iron Bull’s bold branding on the strap.
- Adjustable, one size fits all – The velcro strap provides adjustable compression at the biceps, suiting all sizes of arms.
- Pair – Get Iron Bull Strength Elbow Wraps to support both arms.
- Expensive – While you are getting one of the best names in powerlifting products, the price is more expensive than the other sleeves available on this list.
Yavoun Adjustable Tennis Elbow Support Brace
The Yavoun Elbow Support is a product that caters to injuries of the elbow, such as golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, tendonitis, tendon inflammation, joint pain and, subsequently, injury prevention.
The design, which features two adjustable velcro straps at the upper forearm and bicep, provides additional support to the elbow from both sides. As a result, this product is more of an elbow brace than a compression sleeve, however the adjustability of each strap provides compression depending on how tightly it is fastened.
The Yavoun Elbow Support better serves its purpose as a tool for injury rehabilitation of the elbow. As the brace is focused on adjustable straps that tighten and add support to the outside of the elbow, it is not ideal for weightlifting as the tightness also means a restriction in arm movement.
While this is the case, the elbow brace does feature a hole for the elbow bone to provide enough leeway for the elbow to be bent.
- True elbow support – The Yavoun Elbow Support is designed for the rehabilitation and support of elbow-related injuries.
- Two adjustable straps – The brace features two velcro straps at the bicep and forearm, both adjustable.
- Cheap – The cost of this elbow sleeve is casily affordable, making it a no-brainer if you are currently suffering from tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow or tendonitis of the tricep or forearm.
- Simple sizing for all – Small/medium, as well as large-extra large, in two colors: black and blue.
- Not for weightlifting – The design of the Yavoun elbow brace can restrict movement in the arm, which can hinder certain exercises if it is worn to serve as an elbow sleeve.
Best Elbow Sleeves for Weightlifting Buying Guide
Choosing an Elbow Sleeve
To choose the best elbow sleeve, it depends on what you are going to use it for – whether it is to support a recent injury, or to provide support when you are weightlifting.
If you are suffering from a recent elbow injury, such as tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow or tendonitis of the tricep, the best elbow sleeve to choose would be an elbow sleeve that offers compression and warmth, made from a comfortable, durable material that will provide support and not stretch over time.
For injuries in particular, a more effective product would be an elbow wrap or elbow brace, ideally with velcro straps that can be tightened to restrict movement in the arm and increase blood circulation to the inflamed or damaged area.
For weightlifting, the best elbow sleeve is one that offers adequate compression without restricting movement. Opt for an elbow sleeve that is made from a thick, yet stretchy material, like nylon or neoprene, while providing compression to both the bicep and upper forearm for additional support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Elbow Sleeves Worth It?
Elbow sleeves are worth it if you are a weightlifter or someone who is suffering from a recent or persistent elbow injury such as golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow or tendon inflammation. This is because they provide additional support to the muscles around joints and ligaments, while aiding in increasing blood flow circulation to inflamed or damaged areas.
Elbow sleeves also prevent injury. While the muscles can recover and repair within a few days, it is not the same for joints and tendons, which is the reason that these areas become easily injured.
In addition, elbow sleeves are also affordable, making them great fitness accessories to purchase and try. They are not only for use at the gym, but can be used as additional layers of warmth, or to cover the arms, for activities such as jogging, cycling or any form of exercise or sport that is done outside.
- Is Running Good for Glutes? An Expert’s Opinion - September 13, 2023
- What is the Best Exercise for Glutes and Thighs: Top Workouts for Toning and Strengthening - September 10, 2023
- How Long Does It Take to Get Glutes in Shape? A Comprehensive Guide - September 10, 2023