Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
Promoters can choose number of height classes dependent on total number of competitors in total class.
Male physique competitors need to wear board shorts,(shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.) Without a shirt
No foot wear
No body accessories
No Crossover to Bodybuilding
Judging Criteria: 2 Rounds
Round 1: Symmetry & Muscularity
Comparison Round – (Round 1)
The competitors will be brought out in a group and directed to do ¼ turns. Arms remain at their sides. Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in turns.
1. Leanness/athletic build
2. Symmetry and balance of the body
3. V-shape form from the shoulders to the waist
4. Stomach area must be muscular and tight from all angles
5. Calves must show muscularity and thighs if visible
Round 2: Presentation
Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform front and back turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, finishing facing the judges as directed then proceed to the off of the stage.
You need to exude poise, confidence and stage presence. Having a connection with the audience and presenting your physique in its best light. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
Scoring round 1: Placing against each other
Scoring round 2: 1-5 with 1 being the best, 5 being the worst
Men’s Physique Presentation Score
1) Being the best: Hair neatly groomed, facial hair groomed, good tan (color) & proper use of oil, ability to smile, fitted board shorts, ability to present self in best light, no jewelry or body accessories
5) being the worst: No color, unshaven, board shorts don’t fit properly, not groomed, distracting body hair, inability to present self in best light, not smiling, jewelry or body accessories worn, too much oil or not enough, tattoos distracting from physique
1-2 apply would be score of 2
3-4 apply would be score of 3
5-6 apply would be score of 4